General Welder Training at WeldcraftPro
Welder Training and Qualification Services
With over 40 years in the welding industry, you can be assured of the experience and competence of David Keats to deliver excellent welding instruction services. I generally work with engineers already working with the industry, but who may fall short on the exact skill set required, or you may need tuition on a new process, or material, I will tailor your welder training requirements to your specific requirements and I offer single day, or 3 days sessions. Longer training is also available. I offer on-site training at your workshop or site, in this way, your staff are inconvenienced as little as possible and don't have to worry about travelling. I offer training in the following welding processes:
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA) - process 111
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) - process 141
- Metal Inert and Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG and Flux Cored (FCAW) - process 135/136)
- Oxy-acetylene Welding – process (311) and Flame brazing – process (912)
Fillet and/or butt welds in carbon steels, aluminium alloys and stainless steels.
Following training you may also require a formal welder qualification test to ISO 9606-1/2, ASME IX, ISO 14732 or other welding standard. As I am also an accredited surveyor (Zurich) you can be assured any certification issued is fully UKAS, SAFed, CEOC and PED compliant.
Zurich laboratories are approved under:
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 - Conformity assessment. Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Welding Procedure Approval
I can write and assist in the development of your welding procedure approvals to the following standards:
- BSEN ISO 15609-1: (Arc welding)
- BSEN ISO 15609-2: (Gas welding)
- BSEN ISO 15614-1: (Arc & gas welding of steels, nickel and nickel alloys)
- BSEN ISO 15614-2: (Arc welding of aluminium and its alloys)
- ASME IX (Boiler and pressure vessel code)
- CAA (Chapter A8-10)
I can advise on all relevant codes and standards/specifications pertaining to your industry. I can produce QA/QC documentation and provide working instructions for any welding application.